your caroling voice. Nutmeg for Eggnogg will of course be provided. This is our pre-celebration of Christ being born! Brett Williams will be bringing us our spiritual focus @ the end of the night, and small group questions are provided below if you so choose to carry on with small group afterwards! This is a great opportunity to intentionally sit with your small group and hang out, eat, and celebrate the fact that God chose to come be "with us"...Emmanuel!
Good to know...
Our staff training and meal will be in the east side coffee house by the gym this week! A preschool Christmas program is going on, so feel free to come on down! We'll be sharing stories of those of you who participated in some form of Christmas in Walnut, along with sharing stories of God @ work in small groups. Thanks for making the commitment each week to be here! The best gift to give students is not presents, but presence! Thank you!
Small Group ?'s...
1. Talk about a gift you were really excited about receiving at Christmas, and what was it life opening up that gift.
2. Talk about a gift that you didn't get, or a gift that when you opened it was not the one you wanted, what was your reaction.
3. Talk about a relationship right now in your life that is going well.
4. What about a relationship that you wish was going better?
5. Heading into Christmas what would you say the relationship between you and God is?
6. What are distractions in your life that can deflect the focus of your relationship with God?
7. We are celebrate the birth of Jesus during Christmas because we know the end of the Story Jesus death and resurrection. What does Jesus dying on the cross mean to you?
8. How does that impact your life?
9."The strength of my relationship with Jesus and the Cross, ultimately influences my daily life and every other relationship I have with people"
a. I agree with this statement explain
b. It has some affect , but also my attitude affects
c. Only I control my daily life, and my relationships
d. Wish it was true, but reality is ......
e. Not true at all.....Explain
Encourage kids to answer 9 as truthfully as possible or not at all, let them have some time to think about their answer.
The BIGhouse gang,
Nikki, Brett, Brad, Leanne, Kristina