Up for BIGhouse Tonight:
Wake up you tryptophan tycooons!! We hope you had a great weekend, tons of leftover stuffing, and have adjusted your belts for comfort. Hannah Burkle is joining us this week! Hooray!! For you newbs out there, you're in for a treat! Hannah just recently left the BIGhouse team to join the RAPHA house in Joplin, MO. We're blessed to be able to have her join us as she digs into the Christmas story a little, asking the question, "What is your response to God, the Father?". She'll be taking a look at obedience, our relationship with our parents,and how we're called into obedience to God.
- 1. When you think of the CHRISTmas story, what usually sticks out to you the most?
- 2 What is your relationship like with your parents?
- 3. Do you usually consider GOD to be your Father?
- 4. What does that relationship look like for you?
- 5. When you think of GOD in this way, as your Father…how does that change your relationship with HIM, or how does it propel you to respect your parents and not take them for granted?
- 6. What are ways that you would parent differently than your parents do? Why do you think you would do it differently?
- 7. Do you know that you were chosen and put with your parents for a reason?
- 8. What do you believe that reason could be, even though it may not always be fun or easy?
- 9. Who did you write your Response to tonight? Why did you write it to them?
- 10. Do you know that you are the son/daughter of GOD, even when others let you down, HE wants to be your constant. How will you live out your obedience, selflessness, and unconditional love for HIM, how will you reflect HIM onto other people?
Christmas Store Volunteering
Next Wednesday, Dec. 7th, is our small group shop night! We're encouraging as many groups as possible to grab a gift or 7 to donate for the Christmas store in Walnut. Gift lists are available upon request to a BIGhouse core leader!
The BIGHouse TEam,
Nikki, Kristina, Brett, Leanne, Brad
Got Twitter? We do too!